Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2011

Kangaroos in the Garden, and other stories...

So I've definitely not updated this as often as I have been intending to, but its quality, not quantity, right? Ahem. Not that I would claim that my musings are particularly full of quality either though, but never mind.

So I've spent the last two weekend seeing something of New South Wales, including a trip to Orange, to see the lovely Miss Kelly Wade-Johnson, a fellow ex Uni-Haller, and also an epic 8 person trip to Jervis Bay. Things may never be the same again after a couple of hours spent playing Ring of Fire and of course, Never Have I Ever. By the end of 3rd year in St. Andrews, Never Have I Ever became more of a game of catching people out because, let's be fair, living in hall we knew pretty much who HAD done what, and when. So playing it for the first time with people - always revealing.

Anyway, Jervis Bay is gorgeous. It chucked it down with rain most of the time and I ended up throwing up due the choppy water on our dolphin searching trip (nice, I know...) but apart from that, simply stunning.



And also, we saw kangaroos. Yes, I know I'm in Australia, but they don't exactly bound up the main streets of Sydney or go chill out under the Harbour Bridge. But apparently, they do live in the more rural areas...and just wander into town for an afternoon relaxing in the gardens or by the side of the road. Immense. I definitely felt like I was in Australia as we stood looking at these incredible animals.


And now its Friday again, and I can't believe another week of my time in Sydney has passed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment